- Class will begin at 7:00 a.m. and end a few minutes before 8:00 a.m. so that primary students can get to their class on time.
- Middle School students can attend till 8:20.
- Chess club meetings will be held in the primary cafeteria, which can be accessed through the Courtyard gate that will be open from 6:55 to 7:10 a.m.
- All third through tenth grade students are eligible to participate.
- K - 2nd grade students who know how the pieces move are also encouraged to attend.
- Third through tenth grade students do not have to know how to play chess.
- In the first two weeks, the class will be divided into groups. The beginning students will be taught how to play, while more advanced students will be given chess challenges and instruction designed to further their growth.
- Students will have learned the rules of chess, basic strategies, tactics, checkmating patterns and good sportsmanship.
- Students will be prepared to play in USCF-rated chess tournaments.
- Email Mr. Gary Gaiffe at firstname.lastname@example.org for a 2018-19 Chess Registration Form.
- Fees are paid directly to Mr. Gaiffe via cash, check or PayPal.
- Complete the 2018-2019 Triple A Registration form which will be provided upon registration with the a la carte instructor.
**NOTE ABOUT PAYPAL: If using PayPal, please note in the comment field "Meridian, Child's name."**