National Geographic Bee and Challenge
2019-2020 School Year
Frequency: Twice a Month
- Geo Bee: 9/5, 9/19, 10/3, 10/24, 11/14, 12/5, 1/16, 1/30
- Geo Challenge: 9/12, 9/26, 10/17, 11/7, 11/21, 12/5, 1/9, 1/23
Time: 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Cost: $50 for the National Geographic Bee & $50 for the National Geographic Challenge. Students can choose to do one or both activities. If students choose to participate in both activities, the total cost is $100.
Please email questions, comments and concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to register: Monday, September 30, 2019
How to Register:
Step 1: Email email@example.com
Step 2: Submit the 2019-2020 Triple A Online Registration Form. Primary-aged students 4th and 5th grade only.
Step 3: Pay through MySchoolBucks.
Who is eligible to participate:
All fourth through eighth grade students are eligible to participate.
Beginning of the year:
There will be a parent meeting on Thursday, August 22nd from 6:00-7:00pm in the Primary Cafeteria.
Registration is due by Monday, September 30, 2019.
For the duration of each activity:
Student meetings will be from 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. every other week. Please see dates for each meeting above. Meetings will be planned and organized by Ms. Hopson and Mr. Zollner.
- The Meridian National Geographic Bee will be held in the evening in January.
- The National Geographic Challenge dates and deadlines are TBA. We will hold a showcase event for our participants.
Meeting location and logistics:
- Primary Students will go to K-1 Carline and proceed to class after Mr. Zollner’s duties are complete. Students will eat a snack brought from home and warm-up their geographical thinking until 4:00 p.m.
- Middle School students will join us at 4:00 p.m.
- Pick-up is at 5:00 p.m. in front of the Primary School Lobby on the east side of the building.
All payments are final and non-refundable.
Late Pick up Fees:
- Late pick-up from Arts/Á la carte/After school programs will result in additional fees to accrue at the rate of $5.00/5 minutes starting with the first minute.
- Students who participate in Arts/Á la carte activities will be charged $5.00/5 minutes with a 5 minute grace period from the activity's dismissal time to allow for transition from the classroom.
- For students who participate in the early release Wednesday program, "late" begins at 4:01. For full-time after school students end-of-day, "late" begins at 6:01.
1-5 minutes = $5.00
6-10 minutes = $10.00
11-15 minutes = $15.00
16-20 minutes = $20.00
21-25 minutes = $25.00
26-30 minutes = $30.00
31-35 minutes = $35.00
36-40 minutes = $40.00 ...
How to Withdraw (or Program Change):
- To withdraw, please complete the Triple A Withdrawal Form.
- To change from one activity to another, please first withdraw from the activity your student is leaving. Then notify the Triple A Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org of the new activity you wish to enroll. There is no need to complete another registration form.