Meridian Tennis (Spring 2018)
Tennis General Information
We are excited to share information for the 2017-2018 tennis season.
About Meridian Tennis
Meridian Tennis - 2017 TCSAAL State Champions! Both our Boys' Varsity and Girls' Varsity teams are state champions! Meridian tennis players hold 15 state championships for 2017! We look forward to another successful season of Meridian Tennis!
We are excited to announce that in the fall of 2017 Meridian Tennis will be partnering with Cimarron Hills Tennis Academy! Cimarron is located on HWY 29 between I-35 and Ronald Reagan Blvd. The address is 200 Cimarron Hills Tr. Georgetown, TX.
The Fall Developmental Tennis Program and the Spring Tennis season are open to all 7th-12th grade Meridian students. Meridian Tennis is a no-cut program. Everyone who wants to participate in Fall Developmental Tennis and/or Spring Tennis can! During the fall developmental season players will learn the proper mechanics and skills required to try out for the state team. Although Meridian Tennis is a no-cut program for the regular season, we are limited to how many tennis players can participate in the State Tennis Tournament. There will be two-day tryouts for all tennis players interested in competing on the Meridian Tennis State Tournament Team. Attending both days is required for consideration on the State Tennis Team. See Tryouts below for more information. Fall Tennis is offered as a full season or half season. Student athletes participating in other sports might find the half season an ideal option, allowing them to compete in their fall sport while training for the tennis tryouts in January, 2018.
The Spring Tennis season includes team matches.
All practices are held at Cimarron Hills Country Club. See the Practice page for more information. All practices are lead by certified tennis professionals who will also attend matches. No transportation will be provided by Meridian School or its employees to practices or matches. Parents are encouraged to network to make their own arrangements.
|Seasons||Grades Eligible||Registration Deadline||Participation Fees||First Practice||Season End|
Fall Developmental Tennis
(Full Season - 20 training sessions)
|7th-12th||August 1||$300 due August 15||August 21||November 6|
Fall Developmental Tennis
(Half Season - 10 training sessions)
|7th-12th||August 1||$150 due August 15||September 27||November 6|
(Full Season only)
|$300 due January 9||January 22||April 16|
Fall Developmental Tennis Program (Full or Half Season)
- Friday, August 11 - Invoices sent to registered Fall Tennis participants.
- Tuesday August 15 - Participation fees due for Fall Developmental Tennis Program Full or Half Season
- Tuesday, August 15th - Physical forms for Fall Developmental Tennis are due. Please email a scanned PDF to Physicals@mwschool.org.
- Wednesday, August 23rd - Mandatory Player/Parent meeting at 4pm at Cimarron Hills CC. (main clubhouse)
- August 21 - November 6 - Fall Developmental Tennis Program Full Season
- September 27-November 6 - Fall Developmental Tennis Program Half Season
- Wednesday, November 15 from 2:30-4:00pm - End of Season Social and Awards Ceremony at Cimarron Hills Tennis Center.
- Tuesday, October 31 - Registration opens
- Tuesday, December 12 - Registration Deadline
- Tuesday, December 12 - Physical forms due for due for Spring Tennis participants. Please email a scanned PDF to Physicals@mwschool.org
- Monday, January 8 - Free Tryout Clinic (for those registered for Spring Tennis). 4:30-6:00pm at Cimarron Hills
- Tuesday, January 9 - Participation fees due for Spring Tennis
- Wednesday, January 10 - Free Tryout Clinic (for those registered for Spring Tennis). 2:30-4:00pm at Cimarron Hills
- Monday, January 15 - (School holiday.) Optional Tennis Clinic at Cimarron Hills from 12:00pm-5:00pm. Bring $10 and racquet. Snack included.
- Wednesday, January 17 (2:30pm-4:00pm) - State Tennis Tournament Team Tryouts: Day 1 of 2 (required attendance for those who want to compete in the State Tennis Tournament). MOVED TO 1/22/18 due to cold forecast on 1/17/18
- January 22 - April 9 - Spring Tennis Season
- Monday, January 22 -
- State Tennis Tournament Team Tryouts during practice - 4:30-6:00pm - for those who want to tryout for the State Tournament team. All others will participate in their first practice of the Spring season.
- First practice 4:30-6:00pm at Cimarron Hills
- Wednesday, January 24 -
- Day 2 of State Tennis Team Tryouts (if needed) - 2:30-4:00pm
- Team and athlete photos at 2:45pm at Cimarron Hills CC. Tennis players should wear Meridian tennis uniform.
- February 7th - practice cancelled due to cold weather,
- February 14th - practice cancelled due to bad weather.
- Saturday, February 17 - TCSAAL State Tennis Tournament
- Monday, February 19 - no practice (originally scheduled as no school/no practice)
- Wednesday, February 21 - no practice due to rain and cold.
- Wednesday, April 11 - Cold weather make-up day for February 7th
- Monday, April 16 - Bad weather make-up day for February 14th
- Wednesday, April 18 - Bad weather make-up day for February 21st.
- Monday, April 23 - Bad weather make-up day and end of season social.
How to Register for Spring Tennis Program
- Spring Tennis registration will open October 31.
- Spring Tennis registration form is due December 12. Physical forms are also due December 12.
- Please visit the Athletics Registration page for step-by-step online registration instructions. Please note the registration process includes paying a $30 registration/processing fee via a PayPal button found on the Registration page as well as completing a Google Registration form.
Practices, Game Schedules, and Tournaments
- There are two tennis seasons: Fall Developmental (August 21 - November 6) and Spring (January 10 - April 9). Fall Developmental Tennis is offered in a half season, too (September 27 - November 6). Each season has its own participation fee. Please see below.
- The match schedule for Spring Tennis will be available in January.
- For Spring Tennis, athletes might experience 6-8 interscholastic matches.
- There are 20 practices sessions for each for the full season of Fall Developmental Tennis and Spring Tennis and 10 practices for the half season of Fall Developmental Tennis. All practices will be at Cimarron Hills Country Club: Mondays 4:30-6:00pm and Wednesdays 2:30-4:00pm.
- In cases of inclement weather notices will be sent out via text messaging, email and through social media.
$300 for the Fall Developmental Tennis (Full season)
$150 for half season of Fall Developmental Tennis
$300 for the Spring Tennis
How Do I Pay?
For Fall Developmental Tennis,the Meridian Athletics Department will email an invoice on August 4 and payments must be received by August 8.
For Spring Tennis, the Meridian Athletics Department will email an invoice by December 20, and payments must be received by January 9.
This is a no-cut program meaning there are no tryouts to participate in Fall Developmental or Spring Tennis. Any 7th-12th grader who wants to play will play with the Meridian Tennis Team! However, there are tryouts to be considered for the 2018 Meridian State Tennis Tournament Team.
Tryouts for the 2018 Meridian State Tennis Tournament Team will be Monday, January 22 and Wednesday, January 24th (after pictures, if day 2 of tryouts needed). Tryouts will be during normal practice times for those days. Attending both days of tryouts is required for consideration on the Meridian State Tennis Tournament Team. Student athletes interested in trying out for the State Tennis Tournament Team must:
- Complete the Spring Tennis registration process on or before December 12.
- Have a valid physical form on file that is valid until at least April 10th. Physical forms must be submitted on or before December 12.
- Have paid the participation fee in full or be current on a payment plan for Spring Tennis by end of day of January 9.
- Attend the mandatory parent/athlete meeting on January 22.
Skills Test for State Team Tryouts
*** Tennis details are subject to change. Please visit the Meridian School website for up-to-date information or contact the athletic coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org ***