Part-Time Employment Opportunities
(August 1, 2019 - May 2020)
After School Enrichment Staff must:
- Support the Triple A Registrar/Receptionist, Triple A Assistant Manager and Triple A Manager
- Possess collaborative, communicative, and creative problem-solving skills while working in a team setting
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
- Work harmoniously with others while accepting responsibilities
- Communicate thoughts, issues, ideas, etc. well with students and parents
- Have experience in managing groups of 20+ students
- Possess a desire to participate as an active listener, contributor, motivator, and leader
- Be positive and look at different opportunities optimistically
- Be flexible and willing to take on different positions as needed
- Be comfortable working with children from Kinder through 5th grade
- Group Leader: Each Group Leader will have a primary grade for whom they will be accountable for during check-in, snack time, outdoor activities, and homework/quiet time. At enrichment time, you will often rotate grades to ensure all grades are partaking in various activities. For example, if you are the Group Leader in charge of the enrichment activity titled "Creative Art" you will develop and carry out a lesson plan for the week relating to art. Your lesson plan should be modified for each grade level depending on which day of the week they are with you. Group leaders must be fast learners as this position only has a 5 day training period and requires learning more as you go.
- Support Staff: Support Staff will be focused on helping with group management, retrieving supplies for Group Leaders, reflecting with students who need space, and escorting students when necessary. Support Staff must be flexible and willing to learn. Support staff will also be required to step in as Group Leader in the event of an absence. This can be for undetermined periods of time and could result in a permanent change of position to Group Leader.
***Please note that positions are determined by the Triple A Manager and are contingent upon the interview process. If hired, positions are always subject to change.***
- Mondays: 1:45-6:00 pm
- Tuesdays, Thursdays, & Fridays: 2:30-6:00 pm
- Wednesdays: 12:00-6:00 pm
- Up to 23 hours per week
- One week each month will consist of a week of meetings. You will be required to arrive for work on Tuesdays at 1:45 pm and Thursdays and Fridays at 2:00 pm.
- This job follows the Meridian school year calendar, meaning summers and holidays are not a part of the work year. If hired, you will not be compensated for the following holidays:
- September 2, 2019 - Labor Day
- October 7-11, 2019 - Fall Break
- November 25-29, 2019 - Thanksgiving Break
- December 20-January 3 - Winter Break
- January 20, 2020 - MLK Day
- February 17, 2020 - Bad Weather Makeup Day
- March 16-20, 2020 - Spring Break
- April 10, 2020 - Good Friday
- May 25, 2020 - Memorial Day
- $11-$13 per hour
- based on years of experience and education
- position has no effect on compensation
How to Apply:
- Review the Meridian Website
- Send Resume to Kathryn Patschke at email@example.com.
- The Triple A Manager responds to resume submission via email with additional screening questions. You will be required to respond to the questions within a 48 hour time frame.
- If additional information is required, the Triple A Manager may schedule a phone screening in addition to the emailed questions.
- Paperwork will be sent to the applicant including a curriculum proposal sheet, a curriculum proposal example, a criminal background check form, a pre-employment affidavit, and a Meridian World School application. These forms must be completed by the applicant’s in-person interview date.
- A position may be offered on the spot or within 7 working days.
Our unique program is fun but it also takes a lot of hard work and dedication to keep order. For these reasons, applicants are required to thoroughly review our website to ensure they fully understand all that the position entails. For more information, visit https://www.mwschool.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=177815&type=d&pREC_ID=460058.
***Fingerprinting/Background Check Required at the new hire’s cost***