After School Enrichment Program
Employment and Volunteer Opportunities
Now accepting resumes and cover letters.
NOW HIRING PART TIME
After School Group Leaders for August - May 2018
For more information email Mrs. Eunice Elliott, Triple A Manager at email@example.com
Apply by submitting a COVER LETTER and RESUME to firstname.lastname@example.org
Group Leaders engage with students in grades ranging from Kindergarten through 5th grade. This job requires you to work with each grade level rather than just one specific grade. The work hours are Monday 1:30-6:00, Tuesday 2:30-6:00, Wednesday 12:00-6:00, Thursday 2:30-6:00, Friday 2:30-6:00. Up to 23 hours per week
The ideal Group Leader will:
- Support the Enrichment Coordinator
- Create and carry out comprehensive curriculum plans involving outdoor and indoor activities
- Possess collaborative, communicative, and creative problem-solving skills while working in a team setting
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, work harmoniously with others while accepting responsibilities
- Communicate thoughts, issues, ideas, etc. well with students and parents
- Have experience in managing groups of 20+ students
- Possess a desire to participate as an active listener, contributor, motivator, and leader
Each Group Leader will have a primary grade for whom they will be accountable for during check-in, snack time, outdoor activities, and homework/quiet time. At enrichment time, you will often rotate grades to ensure all grades are partaking in various activities. For example, if you are the Group Leader in charge of the enrichment activity titled "Creative Art" you will develop and carry out a lesson plan for the week relating to art. Your lesson plan should be modified for each grade level depending on which day of the week they are with you.
Examples of Enrichment
Kickboxing, Yoga, Science Experiments, Poetry, Fashion and Design, Foreign Language, Drama, Fitness/Movement activities, Chess, Puppetry, CrossFit, Culture and Heritage, and many more!
A Typical Day in the After School Enrichment Program
The following daily activities require organization and direction from a Group Leader for each grade. Some grades might have support from Support Staff and/or Volunteer.
A Typical Day involves:
- check-in for each student in each specific grade
- snack time
- outdoor activity
- homework/quiet time
- enrichment activity time
How to Apply
Review the Meridian Website - Send Cover Letter and Resume to
Eunice Elliott, Triple A Manager, at email@example.com
Our unique program is fun but it also takes a lot of hard work and dedication to keep order. For these reasons, applicants are required to thoroughly review our website to ensure they fully understand all that the position entails. For more information, visit www.mwschool.org and refer to the Athletics-Arts-After School tab. Information for our program can be found under the After School Enrichment Program.
Compensation based on years of experience and education
- Group Leader Compensation: $11 - $14 per hour
Work Hours (Group Leader and Support Staff):
- Tuesdays, Thursdays, & Fridays-2:30-6:00pm
- Up to 23 hours per week
***This job follows the Meridian school year calendar***
***Fingerprinting/Background Check Required***