2021 Cross Country
*****Subject to Change******
--> Get ready for the 2021 XC Season with this Pre-Season Training Guide! <--
Registration is now closed. No late registrations.
Check the status of your registration here.
8/11 - Registration opens
8/22 - Registration closes at 10:00 PM
8/23 - Physical forms due
8/26 - Kickoff Meeting via Zoom at 6:00 PM
8/27 - Participation fee invoices due
8/30 - Practices start
9/11 - Meet - St. Andrew's Invitational
9/18 - Meet - Bill Bradley Invitational
9/23 - Halfway point
10/2 - Meet - Founders Classical Invitational
10/16 - Meet - League (TCSAAL) Regionals (Fall Break) - Mission City Soccer Complex
2600 Red Hill Ln, San Antonio, TX 78264
10/30 - Meet - League (TCSAAL) State - tentative
- High School - Nick Manuszak, email@example.com
- Middle School - Tamra Burwick, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration Fee - $35 via MySchoolBucks when completing the registration form (8/12- 10PM on 8/22)
- + Participation Fee - $225 via emailed MySchoolBucks invoice.
- Invoices will be issued on 8/24 and are due by 8/27.
- Financial assistance is available. Please email email@example.com to inquire.
- Monday: 4:30-6:00 PM @ San Gabriel Park, Georgetown
- Wednesday: 1:45-3:15 PM @ Meridian
- Thursday (when there is a meet the following Saturday): 4:30-6:00 PM @ San Gabriel, Georgetown
- Saturday (when no meet): 8:00-9:30 AM @ Champion Park
- Optional practices will be offered during Fall Break to prepare for Regionals.
- HS students are expected to participate in 3 practices a week, unless excused beforehand by Coach Manuszak.
- MS students are expected to participate in 2 practices a week (student chooses from the 3 practices offered each week), unless excused beforehand by Coach Burwick.
No tryouts. Everyone can train with the team. Practice attendance, effort, sportsmanship and times will qualify runners for meets.
Students must qualify for each meet. Practice attendance, effort, sportsmanship and times will qualify runners for meets.
Meet 1 - St. Andrew’s Invitational (MS, HS)
Meet 2 - Bill Bradley Cross Country Invitational (MS, HS)
Meet 3 - Founders Classical Academy (MS, HS)
Divine Lake Park, Leander
Meet 4 - TCSAAL Regional Meet
Saturday, 10/16 (Fall Break) or 10/23
Usually held in Wimberly or San Antonio
Meet 5 - TCSAAL State Meet
Usually held in Georgetown
*Would require an excused absence for at least the first part of the school day.
- Running shoes - fitted for the student athlete. See the Pre-Season Guide for guidance.
- Daily workout clothes - shorts, t-shirt, socks, shoes, etc. Dri-fit material and comfortable shorts that are not too long on the legs are recommended.
- A full bottle of water! - We work out in the afternoons in extreme heat. For their own safety, student athletes who forget to bring a full water bottle will not be able to participate.
- Running watch - nothing expensive is needed. A simple watch with a timing function from Walmart or Target will work.
- A foam roller - not required but highly recommended.
- Resistance bands
Find the 2021-2022 Lettering Requirements here.
Questions: Please send questions to Meridianfirstname.lastname@example.org,