2022 Cross Country
*****Subject to Change******
About Meridian Cross Country
Meridian Cross Country is open to 7th-12th grade students. It is Meridian's only competitive sport that does not have tryouts to make the team. However, cross country runners do need to qualify for each meet. Meridian Cross Country participates in the league (Texas Charter School Academic and Athletic League) Cross Country Regional Meet. Runners in some divisions couple qualify to advance to the League's State Meet.
Meridian Cross Country has experienced much success in the league. We finished 1st and 2nd once in State:
- 2015, 9th-10th Girls Cross Country State Champions
- 2021, Girls Varsity State Runners-Up
5/4 - Registration opens
5/13 - Registration closes at 9:00 PM
June - Participation fee invoices sent via MySchoolBucks
7/4 - Participation fee invoices due
TBD - Kickoff Meeting via Zoom
7/11 - Practices start
8/10 - Regular season starts
8/19 - Meet: Battle for Wilco (hosted by Leander HS)*
9/10 - Meet: St. Andrews Invitational*
9/17 - Halfway point
10/8 - Meet: Founders Classical Academy Invitational (during Fall Break)
10/15 - Regional Meet (during Fall Break)
10/29 - State Meet
*Estimated date of meet based on 2021 schedule.
- High School - Nick Manuszak, [email protected]
- Middle School - Tamra Burwick, [email protected]
- Mondays: 8:00 - 9:30 AM @ -San Gabriel Park (445 E Morrow St., Georgetown, TX 78626)
- Wednesdays: 8:00 - 9:30 AM @ San Gabriel Park (445 E Morrow St., Georgetown, TX 78626)
- Thursdays 8:00 - 9:30 AM @ Champion Park, (3830 Brushy Creek Rd, Cedar Park, TX 78613)
- Mondays: 4:30 - 6:00 PM @ San Gabriel Park (445 E Morrow St., Georgetown, TX 78626)
- Wednesdays: 1:45 - 3:15 PM @ Meridian
- Thursdays: (if meet on Sat): 4:30 - 6:00 PM @ Champion Park (3830 Brushy Creek Rd, Cedar Park, TX 78613)
- Saturdays: (when there is no meet): 8:00 - 9:30 AM @ Champion Park (3830 Brushy Creek Rd, Cedar Park, TX 78613)
- The first mandatory practice is Wednesday, 8/10.
- HS students are expected to participate in 3 practices a week, unless excused beforehand by Coach Manuszak.
- MS students are expected to participate in 2 practices a week (student chooses from the 3 practices offered each week), unless excused beforehand by Coach Burwick.
- Students are expected to start training with the team during scheduled practices as of July 11 unless they have an unavoidable previous commitment, which must be communicated to their coach prior to missing a practice.
No tryouts. Everyone can train with the team. Practice attendance, effort, sportsmanship and times will qualify runners for meets.
Students must qualify for each meet. Practice attendance, effort, sportsmanship and times will qualify runners for meets.
Meet 1 - Battle for Wilco - hosted by Leander HS (MS, HS)
Southwest Williamson County Regional Park
(3005 CO. Rd. 175, Leander, TX 78641)
This meet would require an excused absence for at least part of the day if it is on a Friday.
Meet 2 - St. Andrew’s Invitational (MS, HS)
Meet 3 - Founders Classical Academy Invitational (MS, HS)
Divine Lake Park, Leander
Meet 4 - TCSAAL Regional Meet
Saturday, 10/15 (Fall Break)
Usually held in Wimberly or San Antonio
Meet 5 - TCSAAL State Meet
*Estimated dates based on these meets' dates in 2021.
- Running shoes - fitted for the student athlete.
- Daily workout clothes - shorts, t-shirt, socks, shoes, etc. Dri-fit material and comfortable shorts that are not too long on the legs are recommended.
- A full bottle of water! - We work out in the afternoons in extreme heat. For their own safety, student athletes who forget to bring a full water bottle will not be able to participate.
- Running watch - nothing expensive is needed. A simple watch with a timing function from Walmart or Target will work.
- A foam roller - not required but highly recommended.
- Resistance bands
Find the 2021-2022 Lettering Requirements here. Lettering requirements for 2022-2023 will be available in September.
Questions: Please send questions to [email protected],