Secondary Class Trips Overview
Goals for class trips
- Extend classroom learning.
- Provide balanced learning involving experiences outside of the classroom.
- Open students to broadened learning experience.
- Expose students to situations which might be less familiar for them, developing courage / reflective risk-taking.
- Develop students’ empathy / caring.
- Bonding outside of the classroom between students and faculty
- 6th Grade: Enrichment of learning
- Houston Museum of Natural Science
- 8th Grade: Deeper exploration of global issues through overnight trip
- Heifer Ranch: sustainability & world hunger
- Tie in with four service learning days throughout year and UN Sustainable Development goals
- 10th Grade: College exposure and preparation
- Disparate institutions such as UT Arlington & U of Dallas
- Texas IB Schools College Fair
- 12th Grade: Senior experience
- International / Educational
- Costa Rica (2016), Ecuador (2017 & 2018), France & Spain (2019)