About Meridian Athletics
Meridian Athletics Philosophy
At Meridian School, we believe that students should balance the different aspects of their lives - intellectual, physical, and emotional - to achieve well-being and well-roundedness. Participation in competitive athletics and sports can contribute to this balance. The athletic experience will be provided within a nurturing environment that motivates the student athlete to view athletics and sports as life-long endeavors. Coaches will work with student athletes to aid their understanding of their strengths and weaknesses to enhance their personal development and improve their contribution to the success of the team. Win or lose, Meridian School will encourage student athletes to provide a winning effort, exhibit sportsmanship, enthusiasm, and demonstrate respect for all.
Meridian offers the following sports. Learn more by clicking on the sport's link.
- Baseball - Competitive Varsity team and Developmental Group
- Basketball - Boys
- Basketball - Girls
- Cross Country
- Fall Tennis - Competitive Tennis Team and Developmental Tennis
- Spring Tennis
- Swimming - High School Competitive Swim Team and Middle School Developmental
Meridian School is a member of Texas Charter School Academic and Athletic League (TCSAAL).
Meridian School is a 2-building campus and home to students in K-12. The newest building, the Mays building, houses our new, regulation gym for competitive Volleyball and High School Basketball. This gym is often referred to as our Mays gym. Most Middle School Basketball games are held in our "Primary School Gym." See directions below.
Directions to Games at Meridian School
Address: 2555 North IH 35, Round Rock 78664
From South: Take IH 35 North. Exit Old Settler's Blvd/FM 3406. Continue through intersection. Turn take a right onto service road (Meridian Lane) immediately after Chevron station. Turn left into Meridian parking lot. Middle building is on the right. Primary building is on left.
From North: Take IH 35 South. Exit Old Settlers Blvd/FM 3406. Make u-turn and take a right onto service road (Meridian Lane) immediately after Chevron station. Turn left into Meridian parking lot. Middle building is on the right. Primary building is on left.
- Volleyball games in Mays (Secondary) Gym in "Middle" Building (pictured right). Enter through lobby on the west side of the building. (Enter where the building sign reads, "Meridian Middle.")
- High School Basketball games are also in the Mays (Secondary) Gym (pictured right). Enter through lobby on the west side of the building. (Enter where the building sign reads, "Meridian Middle.")
- Most Middle School Basketball games are in the Primary School Gym in the Primary School building. Enter through the single door near the outside basketball court in the southeast corner of the Primary School building. "Primary" in the case of our gym refers to the building it is in and not that it is our main gym.
Lion Spirit Special!
Wear Meridian spirit wear or Meridian School uniform for special admission of $1/day. (Applies to everyone - not just students!)
Children/Students (5-18) = $2/day
Children under 5 = Free
Meridian Staff FREE!
Teams and fans of visiting schools should note that no one will be allowed to enter the building for games ─ student athletes, coaching staff, family members or fans ─ before 30 minutes prior to a game's scheduled start time. Additionally, Meridian is a kindergarten-12th grade school with dismissal traffic that begins at 2:30 and does not end until 4:30 (12:30-2:00pm on Wednesdays). It is extremely difficult to access the school grounds during these time periods. Although every effort has been made while scheduling games to avoid requiring visiting schools to enter the campus during this high traffic period, please plan your arrival to Meridian's campus accordingly.