The Athletics Department is closed June 6 - July 22.
Please plan accordingly.
On this webpage, please find helpful information about this summer as it pertains to Meridian sports, including:
- Athletics News
- Fall Sports Confirmations
- Summer Offerings
- Establishing Physical Eligibility
- Physical Eligibility Reminders
- Participation Fees for Fall and Year-Round Sports
- Establishing Financial Eligibility
- Contacting Your Coaches Over the Summer
- Sports Registration for Newly Enrolled Students (7th-12th grades in 2019-2020)
- Lettering & Letter Jackets
The final issue of the Athletics Newsletter and the final updates to the Athletics News webpage for the 2018-2019 school year is May 21, 2019. The first issue of the Athletics Newsletter and first update to the Athletics News webpage for the 2019-2020 will be July 30, 2019. Please use the Athletics website for helpful information in the meantime.
Fall Sports Registration Confirmations
If you registered for Cross Country, Fall Tennis, Swimming or Volleyball, you should have received a confirmation email from Meridian Athletics on 5/13/19. If you did not, please email Meridianemail@example.com by 5/23/19.
Cross Country - Meridian's Cross Country coaches are offering optional Free Summer Training to those students who are registered for 2019 Cross Country AND have a valid physical form on file with Meridian Athletics. Learn more about Cross Country Summer Training here. Check the status of your physical form here. For a physical form to be valid, it must not be expired. Learn more about physical eligibility here.
Dance Team - 2019-2020 Fierce Dance Team participants are required to attend the mandatory Extensive Summer Practice June 3-5 (unless excused by the coach prior to the first practice). Dance Team Officers are additionally required to attend the Officer Extensive Practice July 30 and 31st. Students must be physically eligible to participate. Check the status of your physical form here. For a physical form to be valid, it must not be expired. Learn more about physical eligibility here. See details for Dance Team's Extensive Summer practices here.
|Fall Tennis - Meridian Athletics does not have summer training opportunities available for Fall Tennis participants. Those who are interested in building their tennis skills over the summer are welcome to reach out to our Tennis Coaches for some suggestions.|
Swimming - Meridian Athletics does not have summer training opportunities available for Swimming participants. Those who are interested in building their swimming skills over the summer are welcome to reach out to our Swimming Coach for some suggestions.
Establishing Physical Eligibility
Students must be physically eligible to participate in any and all Meridian Athletics offerings, including Pre-Season Training, Summer Training, Extensive Summer Training, Pre-Tryout Clinics, Tryouts, Practices, Competitions and Performances. Physical forms for Fall and Year-Round Sports (Cross Country, Dance Team, Fall Tennis, Swimming and Volleyball) are due May 21, 2019.
Missed the 5/21/19 Physical Form deadline? The last chance to submit a physical form in time for any summer activities, including summer training and pre-tryout clinics (Cross Country and Volleyball) is June 3rd, 2019. (The last chance to submit physical forms for Dance Team for Extensive Summer Practices is May 29, 2019.)
Last chance to submit physical forms for each Fall or Year-Round Sport:
- Cross Country - Assuming you are not participating in Summer Training, you may submit your valid physical form as last as August 2, 2019. (Those participating in Summer Training must submit a valid physical form by 6/3/19.)
- Dance Team - Last chance to submit your physical form to be eligible for Extensive Summer Practices is May 29, 2019.
- Fall Tennis - Last chance to submit your physical form to be eligible for Fall Tennis Tryouts is August 16, 2019.
- Swimming - Last chance to submit your physical form to be eligible for High School Swimming Tryouts or Middle School Swimming Skills Assessment is August 16, 2019.
- Volleyball - Assuming you are not participating in Pre-Season and Summer Training or Pre-Tryout Clinics, you may submit your valid physical form as last as August 2, 2019. (Those participating in Pre-Season and Summer Training and/or Pre-Tryout Clinics must submit a valid physical form by 6/3/19.)
Physical Eligibility Reminders
Physical eligibility is required to participate in any and all Meridian Athletics offerings including Pre-Season Training, Summer Training, Extensive Summer Practices, Open Gyms, Pre-Tryout Clinics, Tryouts, Practices, Competitions and Performances.
- Physical forms must be valid through the sport’s entire season.
- If your physical form expires during your sport's season, YOU are responsible for submitting an updated valid physical form at least two school days before the current one expires in order to avoid lost eligibility. Please do NOT expect to be reminded by the Athletics Department or your coach. To learn more, please see the Eligibility webpage.
- Submitting a Physical Form Over the Summer - Please note that physical forms must be processed through the Athletics Department (not coaches or other members of staff), and the Athletics Department will be closed June 6-July 17. The last chance to submit a physical form to be processed before the Athletics Department closes is June 3, 2019. Physicals can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org the Athletics Department is closed and they will be processed within two days of reopening. If your physical form expires before July 19, 2020, please submit an updated physical form by June 3, 2019 to avoid losing eligibility during the summer and while the Athletics Department is closed. Coaches running summer activities will be checking physical eligibility here to ensure students are physically eligible to participate.
- To find a blank physical form to complete and/or to see how to submit physical forms, please see the Eligibility webpage.
- Check your physical form's expiration date here.
Participation Fees for Fall and Year-Round Sports
For sports with tryouts (Dance Team & Officers, Fall Tennis, Swimming and Volleyball), participation fees are due at the conclusion of tryouts in the form of a check made out to Meridian School.
Cross Country participation fees will be invoiced via MySchoolBucks by May 24, 2019 and are due by August 1, 2019.
To learn more about participation fees, due dates, and terms of payment plans, please see Financial Information.
Athletics Scholarships - Families who qualify for Free and Reduced Lunch in 2019-2020 could qualify for an Athletics Scholarship for 2019-2020 Meridian sports, which could reduce Athletics participation fees by 33% or 50%, depending on the family's financial position. If your family qualifies or if you are not sure if your family qualifies, please email email@example.com.
Establishing Financial Eligibility
Student athletes must be financially eligible to participate in Meridian sports. In addition to paying their sport’s participation fee, to be financially eligible, students must not owe the school other fees. This includes but is not limited to: library fees, lunch fees, After School 6-12 fees, IB fees, etc. Please check your MySchoolBucks account to ensure you do not owe the school any fees. Financial eligibility for Fall and Year-Round Sports will be checked for the first time in August and again on report card dates during your sport’s season. Please make sure you are in good financial standing with the school by August 1, 2019 so that you may establish financial eligibility for your sport.
Contacting Your Coaches Over the Summer
Please remember that our coaches are on vacation over the summer, too. In some cases, coaches might need more than a week to respond to your email if they are traveling. Find your coach's contact information here:
Sports Registration for Newly Enrolled Students (7th-12th)
Students who are new to Meridian (enrolled in Meridian School after May 7, 2019) may register late for Cross Country, Dance Team, Fall Tennis, Swimming and Volleyball from June 4th-August 2nd. New students should request access to Sports Registration for Newly Enrolled Students through the school registrar. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org between June 4th and August 2nd and request registration access to any of these Fall or Year-Round Sports: Cross Country, Dance Team, Fall Tennis, Swimming and Volleyball. Learn more about each of those sports by clicking on the link attached to the sport's name. Learn more about all of Meridian's sports offerings on the Registration Information webpage.
Lettering & Letter Jackets
The list of students who lettered in Spring 2019 can be found here. If you lettered and you missed the Letter Jacket Ordering Event on May 16th and May 17th, please contact our Letter Jacket representative directly:
Herff Jones/ Overall Recognition
202 Laurel Dr
Round Rock, TX 78664
Please note that orders placed directly through our Letter Jacket representative will be verified for eligibility with the School prior to going into production. Therefore, please place orders through Herff Jones/Overall Recognition by May 24 to avoid delays in the production of your order.
Lettering requirements for 2019-2020 will be available in August.
Please see the Lettering & Letter Jacket webpage for more information.
For questions about Meridian Athletics, please email Meridianemail@example.com prior to June 6th. Emails sent after 12pm on June 6th will be responded to the week of July 22nd.
Otherwise, please see Frequently Asked Questions.