Garden Party & Farmers Market
- Garden Party & Farmers Market
- 9/26/2015, 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Meridian's Gardens
GARDEN PARTY & FARMERS MARKET
SATURDAY, SEPT. 26th, 10:00 AM 1:00 PM
Purchase Friday-approved spirit wear T-shirts and drawstring bags!
(orders due Wednesday @ noon)
BOOTHS & ACTIVITIES:
● Get your face painted by Ms. Vain, participate in a scavenger hunt
● Learn about the journey of a refugee to Austin, and how you can help
● Enjoy live music from Meridian community members, the school band, & Mr. Crenshaw
● Meet Craig the Butterfly Man’s monarchs in his sanctuary trailer
● Learn about pollinators, bats, aquaponics, and native plants
● Explore zero-waste lunch box ideas, rainwater harvesting and composting
● Plant seeds, make seed balls, observe pollinators and composting worms
● Participate in a bio-blitz with secondary science teacher Mrs. Bowers
FARMER’S MARKET & FOOD SALE:
● Purchase organic plants & seeds from Gabriel Valley Farms, and our school & family gardens. (pre-orders due by Wed @ noon—more available Sat. without pre-ordering)
● Go home with fresh produce, farm fresh eggs, home-baked goods, cut fresh herbs
● Mexican ice pops, smoothies, lemonade, breakfast tacos, hummus, and more
● Pre-order frozen berries in bulk from Bithell Farms in Oregon
Local experts discuss native plants, pollinators, aquaponics, gardening principles, water conservation, and the refugee journey
*Please bring a reusable water bottle to cut down on waste! Water cooler will be available to refill them. Or purchase “Richard’s Rainwater” water bottle for $1 each.
Contact event chair Michelle Butcher with any questions.
Thank you to our sponsors:
Natural Grocers - Shellie McMahon
Face Painting by Lacy Vain
Live Music: Special thanks to Mr. Crenshaw and Mr. Cross
Many, many generous, hard-working parents and kids!