Every year, Meridian hosts an Alumni Day where our alumni return to campus for visits to the high school classrooms, focus groups with current Meridian parents, and lunch with their former teachers. The day ends with a formal ceremony where IB diplomas and certificates are awarded to the preceding year's graduates on stage in front of an audience of current high school students. It is always one of our favorite events of the year … but due to COVID, the format of the January 2022 event will be the same as January 2021 with all events conducted virtually.
This school year, the event is scheduled for Friday, January 7, 2022 and all meetings will be conducted via Zoom. The purpose of these meetings is to provide a space for our alumni--and their parents/guardians-- to share about how the alumni have benefitted from the quality IB education they received at Meridian. All of this is coordinated by Mrs. Holcombe, and we find that these interactions between our current students/parents and our alumni / parents of alumni are always extremely beneficial and enjoyed by all.
Action Requested of Parents/Guardians: Current secondary parents/guardians (grades 6-12) who would like to Zoom with the Alumni and/or the Parents of Alumni should fill out THIS RSVP FORM by January 6. Mrs. Holcombe will email you the Zoom meeting links the day before the event, so please type your email address carefully into the form.
Here is the schedule for the day with parent/guardian events highlighted in yellow:
- 11-11:30 am: Alumni from 2016-2021 Zoom with Holcombe. Say hello, share personal updates, and review the schedule for the day.
- 12-12:40 pm: Parents of Alumni Zoom with Current Meridian Secondary Parents
- 12:45-1:30 pm: Alumni Zoom with Current Meridian Secondary Parents
- 1:40-2:25 pm: Alumni Zoom with Current High School Students via Zoom (during advisory)
- 3-3:30 pm: Alumni Recognition Zoom with the Class of 2021 (for Class of 2021 alumni only)
Questions? Please email Stela Holcombe at firstname.lastname@example.org.