January 29 – February 3
World Parade February 2 – Festival of Cultures February 3
During International Week we celebrate the knowledge, beliefs, and customs that our families, students, and staff bring to Meridian each day, enriching our community from the United States to countries around the globe.
We have many activities planned like the World Parade and our Festival of Cultures. Students will also enjoy additional international-themed activities throughout the time in school; although an international mindset is already intertwined in lesson plans throughout the year!
World Parade Details: Important pick up/drop off information
Friday, February 2
Our Annual World Parade takes place on Friday, February 2. Because of limited space, parents and guardians are not able to attend the parade. The parade will be photographed and recorded.
- Students wearing cultural attire for the parade should plan to wear it to school or bring accessories they can quickly put on that day.
- If you need to pick up your student early on Friday for doctors' appointments, etc, please pick them up before 1:30 p.m. to ensure that you can easily enter and exit the parking lot.
- Students picked up early will miss the parade.
- Dismissal traffic won't be allowed on campus until after the parade finishes (anticipated by 3 p.m. – 3:10 p.m.). This includes Fast Lane.
- Please have your students dress for the weather. All students will be outside either participating in the parade or watching it.
Festival of Cultures
Saturday, February 3, starting at 1 p.m.
Our school community tracks their heritage to over 105 different countries!
Join us in celebrating the cultures that make each of us unique and the depth and richness it gives our community when we bring them all together. Below are some of the activities planned for the Festival of Cultures.
- Black Culture Choir Performance (1-12) at 1 p.m. sharp
- Country Booths
- Secondary Club or Student Group Booths (6-12)
- Secondary Talent Show (6-12)
- Primary Musical Performances (K-5)
Would your student like a free dress day? Students attending the festival will be given a passport. Those who have their passport stamped at different locations during the festival will get a free dress day Monday, February 5.
Would you like to volunteer at the Festival? Sign up now.