2021-22 Winter Competitive Tennis
*****Subject to Change******
Last updated 03/08/22
See the complete State Tennis Tournament Results here.
About Winter Competitive Tennis:
Opportunity to compete in up to 4 matches.
- Opportunity to participate in the State Tennis Tournament Team.
Up to 23 90-minute practices.
- Masks are strongly recommended.
- 7th-12th grade students. (MS = 7th & 8th grades. Varsity = 9th-12th grades. 8th grade students could be asked to play up.)
- All genders.
- Minimum participants = 8 MS, 12 Varsity
- Maximum participants = 16 MS and 16 Varsity
- Students will need to provide their own tennis racket and wear athletic clothes and shoes to practices. Black tennis bottoms required for competitions. (A Meridian Tennis jersey will be loaned for the season.)
- $35 Registration Fee +
- $385 Participation Fee
- Varsity Tennis players could qualify to letter in Winter Competitive Tennis if all requirements are met. See 2021-22 Lettering Requirements here.
Please arrive 15 minutes early for your tryout time.
- High School - 2:30-3:30 PM
- Middle School - 3:30-4:30 PM
For the Winter Competitive Tennis season, Middle School and Varsity will train on the same days, at the same time, and on adjacent courts.
- Mondays - 4:45-6:15 PM (changed from Fridays 5:00-6:30 PM as of 10/27/21)
- Wednesdays - 2:30-4:00 PM
When weather or court conditions are not conducive to practicing outdoors, practices will be moved indoors to the Cimarron Hills fitness center rather than cancelling practices and causing a delay in the season by adding make-up practices. Masks are required when practicing indoors.
Tryout & Practice Location:
Cimarron Hills Tennis Center,
200 E Cimarron Hills Trail,
Georgetown, TX 78628
Also see the Athletics Calendar.
Lead Tennis Coach:
Important Dates for Winter Competitive Tennis
10/20 - Registration opens
10/28 - Registration closes at 10:00 PM
10/29 - Physical forms due
11/10 - Tryouts (2:30-3:30 PM - High School; 3:30-4:30 PM - Middle School). Results posted here by 10:00 PM.
11/11 - Invoices for participation fees sent to parent/guardian via MySchoolBucks
11/11, 7:00 PM - Kick-off Meeting via Zoom
11/14 - Participation fee invoices due. (Participation fees must be paid before the first practice.)
11/29 - Practices start
1/12 - Halfway point
3/5 - TCSAAL State Tennis Tournament at Hays HS in Kyle. Check-in is 9:30 AM. Find brackets here.
3/9 - Last practice and End of Season Social. Sign up to contribute snacks and drinks on TeamApp.
Find the 2021-2022 Lettering Requirements here.
Questions: Please send questions to [email protected]