After School 6th-12th
(formerly known as Study Hall)
**Register NOW for the 2018-2019 School Year**
After School 6th-12th is designed for students who can not be picked up at the 4:00/1:30 dismissal and NEED a safe place to be during after school time while they wait to be picked up for the day.
Students may also use After School 6th-12th while they wait for their extracurricular activity to start or after their activity ends for the day while they wait to be picked up.
Review the frequently asked questions below for more information.
HOW TO REGISTER
- Fill in the student name/grade AND student email address - first name.last email@example.com
- It is important to fill in the name and 2018-2019 GRADE so that your student is added to the correct roster.
Step 2: Click the PAY NOW button and pay the $55 commitment fee. The $55 fee covers the entire school year.
Step 3: It is important to list valid email addresses before clicking the PayPal PAY NOW button.
The After School 6th-12th commitment fee for the 2018-2019 school year is PER STUDENT for the entire school year. Be sure to submit payment for EACH SECONDARY STUDENT who needs to participate in After School 6th-12th. Even occasional users need to register.
Use the PayPal "Pay Now" button below to pay the $55 commitment fee PER SECONDARY STUDENT. The link will not allow multiple commitment fees. All commitment fees are required through PayPal. Please do not send/bring checks or cash to the school. The emailed receipt from PayPal is confirmation that your student is enrolled.
We will use the email address provided in PayPal to contact you regarding After School 6th-12th.
**IMPORTANT STEP BEFORE CLICKING "PAY NOW"**
BEFORE CLICKING THE "PAY NOW" BUTTON, please fill in the:
- Student's First and Last Name
- Student's 2018-2019 Grade
- Student’s Email Address - first name.last firstname.lastname@example.org
- It is important to list the student's school email address first AND then any other email addresses preferred for communication regarding secondary after school.
LATE PICK UP
LATE PICK UP from After School 6th-12th may result in withdrawal from After School 6th-12th.
ANSWERS TO FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who should sign up to participate in After School 6th-12th?
- 6th-12th grade students who can not be picked up at the 4:00/1:30 dismissal and NEED a safe place to be during after school time while they wait to be picked up for the day.
- Students should also use After School 6th-12th while they wait for their extracurricular activity to start or after their activity ends for the day while they wait to be picked up.
- Even occasional users need to register.
Where is After School 6th-12th located?
- The students are supervised by Meridian staff in the Mays Building Cafeteria.
What happens if my student is not registered but is not picked up on time (car line and/or extracurricular)?
- For regular after school pick up time: Students not picked up after the after school car line ends will be escorted to After School 6th-12th and given a one-time pass to attend without registering. The next occurrence will require registration.
- For students who participate in extracurricular activities: Parents should discuss the pick up plan with their student in advance and communicate the plan with the extracurricular leader. Students not picked up immediately after their extracurricular activity ends will be escorted to After School 6th-12th and given a one-time pass to attend without registering. Parents may wait in the cafe for their student’s activity to end.
How much does it cost to register?
- The After School 6th-12th commitment fee is $55 for the 2018-2019 school year PER STUDENT for the entire school year.
What is the deadline to register?
- There is no deadline to register. We ask families to register as soon as possible so that we can plan. However, students will be able to register throughout the school year. Families must pay the commitment fee anytime before you need to start using the service.
Why is registration required?
- We are always working to enhance systems at Meridian to ensure our students are safe and our staff feel appreciated. During the school year 2017-2018, families were expected to submit a registration form but most did not leaving the staff with less than adequate information to provide the safest environment. The commitment fee will allow for a more solid commitment so that we can plan and communicate more efficiently.
Why is PayPal used for registration?
- The PayPal account used to register for After School 6th-12th is linked directly to the Meridian School bank account. It has proven to be reliable for many years now during Meridian events and for athletics registration. You do not have to create a log in to pay through PayPal. Feel free to choose the “Pay with Debit or Credit Card” option. That option does not require you to save your credit card on file.
Why was the title changed from Study Hall to After School 6th-12th?
- Students are not required to study during After School 6th-12th. After School 6th-12th is designed to be a safe place for students to socialize. There will be limited space in the library daily until 4:55 for those who need a quiet space to study.
Are students allowed to use cell phones?
- Yes. Middle and high school students may use their cell phone in After School 6th-12th for educational or recreational purposes as long as they do not take photos or video, view inappropriate material, use profanity, cyberbully, or otherwise use the phone in an inappropriate manner.
Will students have access to computers?
- Yes. Students who need to borrow a Meridian Chromebook for homework will have priority over those who want to play games.
What is the pick up process?
- Pick up from After School 6th-12th starts at 4:30 M-T-Th-F and 2pm on Wednesdays. Parents are expected to walk into the Mays building cafe via the south side of the building, not the lobby, and sign out their student. For security purposes, the exterior cafeteria door will remain locked. A staff member/adult is required to open the door for visitors to enter the cafe. Students will not be allowed to walk out unless they are being escorted by their extracurricular leader.
- For activities that begin immediately at school dismissal, students should walk directly to the location of the activity. For activities that do not start immediately at school dismissal, the facilitator/coach will either pick up the students from study hall or arrange a plan with the study hall monitor for ensuring the students transition to their activity.
- If there is a special situation for which you would like your child to be released to attend on a particular date (such as being a spectator in a Meridian athletic game), please email Lisa Powers IN ADVANCE (email@example.com) to inform her.
Are students allowed to hang out on campus rather than participate in After School 6th-12th?
- High school students are allowed to wait outdoors to be picked up for up to 15 minutes near the Mays or Primary building entrance (without a Meridian staff member). After 15 minutes, the student will be escorted to After School 6th-12th and given a one-time pass to attend without registering. The next occurrence will require registration. Middle school students are not allowed to hang out unsupervised. No students are allowed to hang out in any of the school's lobbies or outside the high school entrance.