WAITERS PROGRAM 2018-2019
Step 1: Read this entire page for all you need to know about the waiters program.
Step 2: Fill in the primary student name/grade AND the oldest secondary student name/grade.
Step 3: Click the PAY NOW button and pay the $20 commitment fee. The $20 fee covers the entire school year
Step 4: Enjoy going through the car line only one time after school.
The waiters program $20 commitment fee for the 2018-2019 school year is PER STUDENT for the entire school year. Be sure to submit payment for EACH PRIMARY STUDENT who needs to participate in the waiters program.
Use the PayPal "Pay Now" button below to pay the $20 commitment fee PER PRIMARY STUDENT. The link will not allow multiple commitment fees. All commitment fees are required through PayPal. Please do not send/bring checks or cash to the school. The emailed receipt from PayPal is confirmation that your student is enrolled.
We will use the email address provided in PayPal to contact you regarding the waiters program.
- The time spent in waiters is Quiet Time (homework, reading, snack from home)
- Secondary siblings are required to pick up primary siblings from waiters immediately at secondary dismissal.
- Parents are not permitted to walk up and pick up primary students as staff will not have documents for identifying authorized adult pickups.
- Other arrangements for primary student pick up must be planned for days the secondary sibling is not able to pick up immediately at secondary school dismissal.
- All waiters must be out of the waiting area by 4:10/1:40. Students who are not picked up on time will be escorted to the high school office.
If your secondary student is not able to pick up your primary student on a particular day, then you must submit a transportation change at email@example.com by 1:30 (M-T-Th-F) and by 11:00 on Wednesdays. The transportation email should indicate that your primary student is typically in the waiters group but instead will need to be sent out to the car line for regular primary dismissal.
In other words, please be sure to plan ahead and submit a transportation change for days that:
- you have a parent conference
- your secondary student is absent from school
- your secondary student has an after school activity that doesn’t allow time for waiters pick up
Students who are picked up late from waiters will be charged $5.00 per 5 minutes PER PRIMARY STUDENT.
Secondary siblings are required to pick up primary siblings from waiters immediately at secondary school dismissal - no later than 4:10/1:40. Students who are not picked up by their secondary sibling on time will be escorted to the high school office and a late pick up fee will be charged. Late begins at 4:16 M-T-Th-F (1:46 on Wednesdays.) The grace period for picking up late is 4:10-4:15 (1:40-1:45 on Wednesdays.) In other words, $5 will be charged at 4:16/1:46, $10 at 4:21/1:51, and so on.
Late pick up fees will also be charged in the case when the secondary siblings pick up their primary siblings from waiters on time, but then the parent does not arrive by the end of car line (4:30/2:00). Students who are not picked up by the end of car line will be escorted to the high school office.
Repeated late pick ups by either secondary students or parents will result in withdrawal from the waiters program.
Fees should be paid to Shawn Seaman, High School Receptionist or Kristi Anderlohr, Middle School Campus Secretary. Fees must be paid within two weeks in the form of exact cash or check made out to Meridian School. Credit cards will not be accepted. Cash paid in excess will be considered a donation to Meridian School. No change will be provided and no credit will be added to your account for future late picks up. Failure to pay the late pick up fee within two weeks will result in withdrawal from the waiters program.
1-5 minutes = $5.00
6-10 minutes = $10.00
11-15 minutes = $15.00
16-20 minutes = $20.00
21-25 minutes = $25.00
26-30 minutes = $30.00
31-35 minutes = $35.00
36-40 minutes = $40.00 ...