2019-2020 School Year
Waiters is designed for families with at least one student in Meridian primary (K-5th) and at least one student in Meridian secondary (6th-12th). Meridian staff provide a safe place for the primary student(s) to wait during after school time until their secondary siblings are released from school at 4:05/1:30. This option allows K-12th siblings to be picked up at the same time rather than through two separate car lines.
HOW TO REGISTER:
Step 1: Read important information below before clicking "pay"
Step 2: Click on the Waiters Commitment Fee button below to pay the $25 commitment fee.
Step 3: After you click pay, complete the form on the button.
Step 4: Your Payment Confirmation Code confirms that your spot is reserved.
Step 5: Forward your payment receipt to email@example.com and request to be added to the roster.
- For students currently enrolled in Meridian School:
- Please login to your MySchoolBucks account to purchase.
- For students new to Meridian School:
- Check out as a guest.
- Please document your Payment Confirmation Code or print your Payment Confirmation page as you will not receive an emailed receipt.
- For Siblings:
- Add the first student's commitment fee to your cart by clicking "Purchase"
- Before entering payment information and clicking continue, go back to the webpage and re-click the "Pay" button.
- Add the second student's commitment fee to your cart.
- Continue this process until all students have a commitment fee added to your cart.
- Complete the payment process by checking out and selecting payment information.
- If you do not add all students' commitment fee to your cart before checking out, you will receive an error message when processing the second payment.
- In order to bypass this error message, wait 24 hours and then repurchase the commitment fee for the student that received the error message.
- The time spent in waiters is Quiet Time (homework, reading, snack from home)
- Secondary siblings are required to pick up primary siblings from waiters immediately at secondary dismissal.
- Parents are not permitted to walk up and pick up primary students as staff will not have documents for identifying authorized adult pickups.
- Other arrangements for primary student pick up must be planned for days the secondary sibling is not able to pick up immediately at secondary school dismissal.
- All waiters must be out of the waiting area by 4:10/1:40. Students who are not picked up on time will be escorted to the high school office.
If your secondary student is not able to pick up your primary student on a particular day, then you must submit a transportation change at firstname.lastname@example.org by 1:30 (M-T-Th-F) and by 11:00 on Wednesdays. The transportation email should indicate that your primary student is typically in the waiters group but instead will need to be sent out to the car line for regular primary dismissal.
In other words, please be sure to plan ahead and submit a transportation change for days that:
- you have a parent conference
- your secondary student is absent from school
- your secondary student has an after school activity that doesn’t allow time for waiters pick up
- Students who are picked up late from waiters will be charged $5.00 per 5 minutes PER PRIMARY STUDENT.
- Secondary siblings are required to pick up primary siblings from waiters immediately at secondary school dismissal - no later than 4:10/1:40. Students who are not picked up by their secondary sibling on time will be escorted to the high school office and a late pick up fee will be charged. Late begins at 4:16 M-T-Th-F (1:46 on Wednesdays.) The grace period for picking up late is 4:10-4:15 (1:40-1:45 on Wednesdays.) In other words, $5 will be charged at 4:16/1:46, $10 at 4:21/1:51, and so on.
- Late pick up fees will also be charged in the case when the secondary siblings pick up their primary siblings from waiters on time, but then the parent does not arrive by the end of car line (4:30/2:00). Students who are not picked up by the end of car line will be escorted to the high school office.
- Repeated late pick ups by either secondary students or parents will result in withdrawal from the waiters program.
- Late Pick Up Fees will be invoiced/emailed via MySchoolBucks. Fees must be paid within two weeks and should be paid by MySchoolBucks. Failure to pay the late pick up fee within two weeks will result in withdrawal from the waiters program.
1-5 minutes = $5.00
6-10 minutes = $10.00
11-15 minutes = $15.00
16-20 minutes = $20.00
21-25 minutes = $25.00
26-30 minutes = $30.00
31-35 minutes = $35.00
36-40 minutes = $40.00 ...