Meridian Athletics Mission Statement
At Meridian School, we believe that students should balance the different aspects of their lives - intellectual, physical, and emotional - to achieve well-being and well-roundedness. Participation in competitive athletics and sports can contribute to this balance. The athletic experience will be provided within a nurturing environment that motivates the student athlete to view athletics and sports as life-long endeavors. Coaches will work with student athletes to aid their understanding of their strengths and weaknesses to enhance their personal development and improve their contribution to the success of the team. Win or lose, Meridian School will encourage student athletes to provide a winning effort, exhibit sportsmanship, enthusiasm, and demonstrate respect for all.
Meridian’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Athletics
Providing an environment and experiences that are diverse, equitable, and inclusive is an on-going process. It requires continual education and constant efforts towards improving communications, programs, processes, and trust.
Meridian coaches and assistant coaches are required to:
- Get a background check
- Be certified in First Aid & CPR.
- Complete concussion training.
- Watch SRP (Standard Response Protocol) Training video.
- Complete Meridian Coaches Diversity, Equity and Inclusion training.
- Boys Middle School Basketball (2)
- Girls Varsity Basketball
- Girls Middle School Basketball
- Email address
- Phone Number
- Sport-specific coaching experience
- Team of interest
- Availability (afternoon, evening and weekends during time period noted)
- Connection to Meridian School